10 Things to Stop Doing When You Have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
Stop Eating Junk Food
- High-fat content: Fat in foods can intensify the strength of intestinal contractions, contributing to abdominal pain.
- Low fiber content: Due to the lack of any true plant material, most junk food is low in fiber. Although fiber and IBS might not be the easiest of bed-fellows, fiber is important in helping to keep stool both soft and firm—important whether you suffer from IBS-C or IBS-D.
- Artificial sweeteners: Some artificial sweeteners, particularly those that end in “-ol,” have been associated with increased symptoms of gas and bloating.
- Food additives: Although there is much controversy on the effect of food additives on overall and digestive health, it is safe to say that your body was not initially designed to handle the types of ingredients that are added to many processed foods. These additives are there to extend shelf life and make foods look more attractive, not because they are good for us.
Stop Restricting Your Diet Unnecessarily
Stop Avoiding Fiber
Stop Going to Unsympathetic Doctors
- Blames your symptoms only on psychological factors and stress
- Treats you as if you are exaggerating your distress
- Makes you feel like a drug addict because you are seeking pain relief
Stop Checking Your Stool
Stop Being Embarrassed
Stop Trying to Keep Your IBS a Secret
Stop Trying to Be Perfect
Stop Avoiding Your Life
Stop Accepting That This Is the Way It Is Going to Be
Reviewed by Dr. kotb and his team
Why Trust Us?
dr kotb is a reputable Medical author and A Caring Physician Who introduces A Bold Approach To better Women Health | Clean Eating, Weight Loss |Fitness Workouts for Beginners | femme Diet |Skin and Hair Beauty Goals
Connect with Us On Pinterest
Ask your Question now
to have Dr. Kotb Answer you
Inquiries are responded to within 48 hours
Therefore, in medical emergencies,
we advise you to go to the nearest emergency center in your area
⬇️ Start Here ⬇️
Completely Confidential and Private
Your question and information are highly private and will be kept confidential