Dr Will Bulsiewicz on A Fiber Fueled Microbiome
A practical conversation with Dr Will Bulsiewicz on how to optimise your gut microbiome using plant foods, fiber, prebiotics and much more…
Dr. Will Bulsiewicz is a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine and was chief medical resident at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and chief gastroenterology fellow at the University at North Carolina Hospital. He won the highest award given in both his residency and fellowship. As a former junk-food and ribeye steak lover, Dr. Bulsiewicz personally lost 50 pounds and radically transformed his health by discovering the healing power of fiber and transitioning to a plant-based diet. He then brought these methods to his clinic and witnessed his patients have amazing results. Dr. Bulsiewicz completed 8 years of formal research training, including a masters of clinical investigation from Northwestern, an epidemiology fellowship at the highly rated UNC-Gillings School of Global Public Health, and a grant from the NIH. His extensive research training combined with his award-winning clinical skills make him an internationally recognized leader in digestive wellness and gut health. Dr. Bulsiewicz is also the author of the book Fiber Fueled
* Who is Dr B
* The Digestive health epidemic- 70 million Americans
* What is biodiversity?
* Loss of biodiversity?
* The Circle of Life
* Healthy Soil, Healthy Food leads to Healthy Humans
* Regenerative Agriculture
* Dr Will’s Weight Loss Journey
* Adding more plants to your diet
* The damaging impact of glyphosate and pesticides
* Plant foods and gut diversity
* What is the microbiome?
* Functions of the microbiome
* Optimising the microbiome via an anti-inflammatory diet
* Diet and longevity
* Probiotics and Prebiotics
* Prebiotic: Fertiliser for the Gut
* Short Chain Fatty Acids
* Gut – Food Connection
* American Gut Project
* Diversity of Plants – Diversity of Microbiome
* Professor Phil Hugenholtz – Whole Genome DNA Sequencing and Metabolomics
* What are metabolites?
* “The Gut is like a muscle"
* Polyphenols – Microbiome Interaction
* LPS and inflammation
* Septic Shock
* The Gut Tube is outside
* Gram Negative Bacteria and LPS
* Leaky Gut and Tight Junctions
* Is Leaky acknowledged by doctors?
* What is dysbiosis?
* Intestinal permeability
* Is there a test for leaky gut?
* Microbiome Research
* Bad information on the internet
* Reclassification of Lactobacilli
* Diet and Lifestyle are the key drivers of microbiome composition
* Manipulation of disease specific states
* Connecting to studies faster
* 17 years from discovery to medical application
* The impact of Antibiotics
* Meat and Antibiotics
* Circadian Rhythmicity and the microbiome
* The Impact of Blue Light and Melatonin Suppression
* Jet Lag and Shift Workers
* Fasting and the Microbiome
* Fibre Deficiency
* The Good Gut- Dr Justin Sonnenberg
* Inter- generational loss of microbiome diversity
* Getting the Diversity Back
* Dr Jack Gilbert- Biocollective – storing poo sample from tribes
* How do acquire our Microbiome?
* Breast Milk as the perfect food
* Human Milk Oligosaccharides and Bifidobacteria
* The Immune System and the Microbiome
* Processed Foods
* Fiber Fueled Book
* Prebiotics and Sleep
* Prebiotics and Anxiety
* Dr B’s top Gut Health Tip
Brought to you by:
Nourishme Organics your online shop for Fermented Food Cultures and Home Fermentation Equipment
Shop fermentation cultures and accessories online today and use code doctorb for 10% off prebiotic supplements
Connect with Dr Will Bulsiewicz
Connect with Kriben Govender:
Gut Health Gurus Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nourishmeorganics/
Deuterium Depletion Support Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mitowellness/